How can I apply for spouse visa in UK?
Spouse visa requirements
- You and your spouse must be 18 years old or over.
- You must have met each other and be legally married – this is to prevent arranged marriages.
- You must intend to live together permanently.
- You must have enough money to support yourselves (and any dependents) without claiming public funds.
How much bank balance is required for UK spouse visa?
The requirements that an applicant must meet in order to obtain a spouse visa are set out in of the Immigration Rules. These rules contain a minimum income requirement of at least £18,600 or a cash savings requirement of at least £62,500 (or a combination of both).
How long does a UK spousal visa take?
What is the processing time for UK spouse visa? Standard processing time of a spouse visa entry clearance application is three months. More complex applications can take up to six months. The processing time can be expedited by paying an additional fee.
Is it easy to get a UK spouse visa?
It’s free and easier than applying for a visa. Your partner can apply for pre-settled or settled status if you have British or Irish citizenship – or both. You must have been living in the UK by 31 December 2020. … an immigration status that let them live in the UK permanently – for example, indefinite leave to remain.
How long does spouse visa take UK 2021?
The UK’s Home Office processing time for a spouse/partner visa is approximately three months (if applying from outside the UK), however, this may be longer if they request more information on your case or an interview with you.
What documents are needed to apply for spouse visa?
- Birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate for the marriage to the U.S. citizen spouse.
- Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s)
- Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16.